Sunday, December 21, 2008

Questions...

My mom and stepfather and uncle are here for pre-Christmas. This was the first time I've seen any of them since Gary and I got engaged. It was the first time they saw my engagement ring. I showed them my dress (but did not try it on. Not enough time playing wii boxing, hitting the heavy bag or doing Hip Hop Abs to let anyone see me in it yet...) We went to Dreamland for lunch (because there ain't nothin' like them nowhere) - where we hope to do some kind of dinner while everyone's here. Then I took them to Vulcan, even though they've all been there before. I wanted to show them where we plan to have the ceremony, see if anyone had thoughts on set up and that kind of thing. My mother thought it would be cool to have us face the guests rather than our backs to you. She also suggested we find a, um, smaller officiant. Like someone you could see over and wouldn't block your view of us. I'm not sure she still feels that way about having a smaller person do our wedding - I made her watch Bad Santa tonight. LOL. One of the funniest Christmas movies ever, but not for the faint at heart. Anyway - so later my uncle and I were talking about the reception and I mentioned those conversation starter card things and he then told me that when he used to have parties, he would have guests do sort of a Q&A with each other - kind of like a scavenger hunt only with people. You know, like you have to find a person who owns a boat, and one who has 3 kids and one who has a dog or something... only then, as we drank more wine, we started coming up with the most ridiculous questions - in fact, I'll not even repeat them because they were that raunchy. It reminded me though of when my mom and my sister and I took my niece to the American Girl place in NYC. They had those little cards at our table at lunch to ask each other questions. My sister and I both got one something like, tell the others something you can do that they may not know about. My sister said she was good with vacuum cleaner attachments. I said I could tie a cherry stem with my tongue. My mother insists my sister really is good with vacuum cleaner attachments. I think it was code for other things. So anyway, you see how this could be a fun thing for you all to do while you have cocktails when you're waiting for Gary and I to arrive at the reception. What better way to get to know each other quickly? We're only inviting people we know and love - and we think you'll all have a great time together - we just want to help you break the ice and get that party started! Have ideas for questions for this little game? Bring 'em on. Reply here, email me at mariesawoodring@hotmail.com, or write me on my Facebook page. C'mon - this is going to be so much fun!!!

No comments: